SHARPE Series 80/89 Ball ValvesHigh Performance 3 Piece Ball Valves
SHARPE Series 80/89 Ball Valves
The Series 80/89 full port 3-piece ball valves are designed for high performance, long cycle life and exceptional durability. These ball valves are fully compliant to API 608 class 800 for sizes 1/4″ to 2 1/2″ and class 300 for sizes 3″ to 4″. They feature enhanced performance and design flexibility. The Series 80/89 ball valve is generally used for petroleum refining, chemical & petrochemical processing.
Extensions, brackets and auxiliary options
End connection combinations
- A wide selection of optional end connections are available, including, but not limited to: threaded, socket weld, butt weld, extended butt weld and flanged ends to class 150, 300 and 600.
Cast mounting brackets
- Cast brackets all in stainless steel material with hole patterns conforming to ISO 5211 on top and bottom planes for actuation mounting.
- Optional safety locking holes for securing valves during maintenance.
- Wide tool clearance for installation, aesthetic design and open visibility.
- Extensions – an option to move the valve top interface away from the pipe line for insulation and reduction of heat transfer.
- Emission bonnets – an added stem sealing system for valves without integral emission ports.
- Cryogenic bonnets – valves for cryogenic service are converted to accept a cryogenic extension bonnet with an extended stem, to distance the stem sealing area away from low temperatures.
- Steam jackets – enables the valves to be kept at a controlled temperature.
- Diverters – valves that are converted for diverting or mixing applications that usually require two valves.
- Tank bottom valves – valves with special end caps welded directly to tanks or pipes, to eliminate the dead volume that is common with standard fittings.
- Locking device – Sharpe exclusive, tamper-proof locking device is spring loaded, and ensures lock is always activated.
- Spring return handles – ensures that the valve cannot be left open (or closed). Can be retrofitted on-site without valve disassembly.
Rugged body and end caps
- Rugged body with higher and deeper stem packing area to allow for more seals.
- Two-cast bosses for optional fugitive emission ports (patent pending)
- Larger ISO bolt pattern for handling higher valve torques.
- End caps with extra thick flanges to comply with class 800.
Tongue and groove design
- Fully encapsulated body seals, allowing ends to be welded in-line, without time consuming and labor intensive disassembly.
- In the event of fire, this design will compensate for bolt expansion and reduce the chance of external leakage.
- Helps prevent seal ruptures in high pressure, cryogenic or steam applications.
Heavy duty stem design
- Stem diameters have been increased to meet the higher torque requirements of the most demanding applications.
- Stem-to-ball contact area is wider and larger, allowing the valve to be used for higher torque applications.
- Design allows for the use of stainless steel stem material rather than 17-4PH, and offers superior corrosion resistance.
- All stems have a Double-D configuration to indicate ball position.
Body bolt design
- Larger diameter body bolts to comply with class 800.
- Encapsulated body bolts for added protection and wash down applications.
- Optional bolts and nuts to comply with NACE MR0175/ISO 15156.
ISO 5211 top-works compatibility
- The top-works offer compatibility for mounting a
wider range of accessories.
- Actuators and Sharpe accessories may be retrofitted
on existing valves without disruption of line integrity.
Floating ball design
- Solid stainless steel ball with wide selection of configurations for a variety of applications for diverting, mixing, controlling, flushing, purging and more.
- Floating ball seals on the downstream seat, reducing torque and guarantees bubble-tight shutoff.
Unique “SharpeGrip” handle
- The “SharpeGrip” is a unique cast, stainless steel handle with special design to accommodate locking devices.
- The handle length is according to API 608 requirements and withstands higher valve operating torque.
- A comfortable, ergonomic hand-grip design.
Operational flexibility and process compatibility of stem assemblies
- STANDARD – a multiple pack of chevron “V” shaped stem seals for better sealing in PTFE, TFM® or Nova materials.
- FIRE SAFE – double pack of flexible graphite seals for sealing under fire conditions.
- FUGITIVE EMISSION – 2-pack stem seals in PTFE or graphite, with lantern ring to allow leak detection through the emission ports.
- HIGH-CYCLE – unique designs for demanding high cycle applications that consist of multi-system sealing devices in the stem bonnet.
- INTEGRATED FUGITIVE EMISSION BODY (patent pending)
- Double containment stem packing with threaded ports to connect sensors.
- INCREASED STEM SEALING AREA
- Allows for a range of sealing combinations for severe applications and other stringent design demands.
- LIVE-LOADED STEM
- Two pairs of concave and opposing spring washers provide additional compensation for seal wear.
- Self-adjusts with pressure and temperature fluctuations.
- SAFE DESIGN
- Blowout proof stem design with anti-static device ensures the stem cannot be blown out by accidental medium pressure rise or cause ignition.
- EXTENDED VALVE CYCLE LIFE
- PEEK and Nova thrust bearings and stem seals extend valve life-cycle, and are the perfect choice for actuation applications.
Seats and seals
A wide range of seat and seal materials are readily available to meet the most demanding applications including:
Buna, Delrin®, Nova, PEEK, EPDM, Viton®, PTFE,
RTFE, TFM®, Grafoil, UHMWPE.
All the seats are designed with circumferential relief slots to equalize body pressure, reduce torque and assure leak-tight sealing.
Aside from standard seats, Sharpe also supplies numerous seats designated for specific applications, including, but not limited to:
- CAVITY FILLER SEATS
- Seats that eliminate the voids in the valve body cavity to minimize solidification of the media.
- DIVERTER SEATS
- Seats used in diverting or mixing applications where the flow plan governs seat type.
- METAL SEATS
- Metal seats are the only option where high temperatures, severe abrasion and corrosive fluids are involved.
- CAVITY PRESSURE RELIEF SEATS
- Seats designed to relieve pressure build-up in the body cavity.
- DOUBLE BLOCK & BLEED SEATS
- Seats with O-rings to enable shutoff on upstream and downstream.
Pressure / Temperature Rating
Sharpe Seat Materials